Enjoy the relaxing properties of this Sleepy Sheep Aromatherapy Eye Mask. You’ll only need to count one sheep before you’re deep asleep!
- AccuQuilt GO! Big, GO! Cutter or GO! Baby Cutter Fabric Starter Set
- AQ55038 GO! Lullaby
- AQ55017 or AQ55014 GO! Strip Cutter 2 ½” (2” Finished)
- GO! Cutting Mat – 6” x 6”
- GO! Cutting Mat – 6” x 24” or 10” x 24”
- (2) 6” x 11” fabric
- (2) 6” x 11” woven iron on stabiliser
- (1) 2 ½” x 20” fabric for strap
- (1) 13” non-roll elastic ¾” wide
- (1) 3 ½” x 5” wool or wadding for sheep
- Scraps of light pink & brown fabric
- Fusible web (approx. 6” piece)
- 80cm mini pompom trim
- (2) cups rice + your favourite essential oils
- Bobkin (or any other turning tool)
- Iron the woven stabiliser onto the wrong side of the 6” x 11” fabric rectangles. Using the pattern piece, cut two eye masks pieces from the pre-fused fabric rectangles.
- Iron fusible web onto the wrong side of the wool, pink and brown fabrics. Using AQ55038 GO! Lullaby cut the sheep applique.
- Position the sheep applique on the left side of the eye mask fabric. Ensure you leave approximately ¼” around the edge for seam allowance.
- Iron into place and then stitch around close to the edge of the applique using black thread. Stitch around approximately 3 times to give a sketchy look.
- Fold the 2 ½” x 20” fabric in half, press and then sew down the long side using a ¼” seam allowance to create a long tube. Use a Bobkin to turn the tube the right way out.
- Feed the elastic through the fabric tube and use quilting clips or a pin to hold the ends.
- Baste the mini pompom trim to the front of the eye mask, ensuring that the pompoms are facing inwards during this step.
- It is also helpful to baste the elastic strap. Position on the front of the eye mask, approximately 2” from the top. Extend the raw edges of the strap about ½” beyond the edge of the eye mask. Baste in place with a 1/8” seam allowance.
Congratulations on finishing your Sleepy Sheep Aromatherapy Eye Mask! Downloable Project Pattern
- Place the two fabric eye mask pieces (right sides together), ensuring the strap is enclosed inside and out of the way.
- Sew around the eye mask, just inside the basting stitching, however leave a 2” hole for turning.
- Clip the curves and turn the mask the right way out through the hole.
- Prepare the Aromatherapy filling: Place the rice in a bowl, then add a few drops of your chosen essential oils and stir well.
- Using a small funnel, pour half the rice mix into one side of the eye mask. Using a straight stitch on your sewing machine, stitch down the middle of the eye mask to section it off.
- Add the remaining rice mixture to the other half of the mask and then hand sew the hole closed.