AQ Cutting Mat Required: Cutting Plastic, 5 in. x 15 in. (12.7 cm x 38.1 cm) Item AQ60001
- Compatible with the Studio 2 Fabric Cutter (AQ50450)
- Recommended Cutting Plastic: Extra Long Cut 5” x 15” (AQ60001) (not included)
- Die Board Size: Extra Long Cut 5” x 15”
- Cut Size: Three 6 1/2″W x 3 1/2″H (16.5 cm x 8.9 cm) Quarter Square Triangles
- Finished Size: Three 6″W x 3″H (15.2 cm x 7.6 cm) Quarter Square Triangles
- Coordinates with 12″ Block Mix & Match pieces
- Start by cutting 4½” strips into your fabric
- Start at selvage edge and cut once, rotate die to align with previous cut angle, continue this to cut 10 triangles across the width of the fabric.
- You can make 80 triangles out of 1 yard of fabric.
- You’ll use Quilt Block dies, which come in three sizes, over and over again to pre-cut pieces for your favorite quilt patterns.
- These are shapes that are used to create our mix and match quilt die set. There are more than 36 combinations of blocks using the A through H die cutting shapes. The idea sheet can be found on our website www.accuquilt.com
- The individual shapes can be used by themselves or with one or more other shapes. .
Storage: Store Studio dies with the Wire Storage Rack (AQ50829) or Studio Die Storage Rack (AQ50801).
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It’s always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.