AQ Cutting Mat Required: Cutting Plastic, 5 in. x 15 in. (12.7 cm x 38.1 cm) Item AQ60001
- Compatible with the Studio 2 Fabric Cutter (AQ50450)
- Recommended Cutting Plastic: Extra Long Cut 5″ x 15″ (AQ60001) (not included)
- Die Board Size: Extra Long Cut 5″ x 15″
- Cut Size: Six 3 1/2″ (8.9 cm) Half Sqaure Triangles
- Finished Size: Six 3″ (7.6 cm) Half Square Triangles
- Coordinates with 12″ Finished Block – Mix & Match pieces
- Die has dog-eared corners
- For perfect half square triangles, layer fabrics on die right sides together, then cut.
- Pick up one pair from the pile and sew with 1/4″ seam allowance.
- Press toward darker fabric or as directed in pattern instructions.
- Pre-notched corners eliminate the need to cut off dog ears.
- Two shapes from this dies sew to a 3 1/2″ square raw edge to raw edge and finish to 3″ square after being sewn to adjacent shapes.
- Start by cutting 4 1/2″ strips into your fabric.
- Then fold your fabric strip into thirds and cut 18 triangles across the width of the fabric.
- You can cut 144 triangles out of 1 yard of fabric.
- Half square triangles are a great addition to charm squares for table runners and place mats.
Storage: Store Studio dies with the Wire Storage Rack (AQ50829) or Studio Die Storage Rack (AQ50801).
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It’s always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.