|Model||GO! Baby Fabric Cutter|
|Compatible Fabric Cutter MS||Studio Fabric Cutter (AQ50800)|
|Compatible Fabric Cutter||Studio Fabric Cutter (AQ50800)|
|Die Shape||Half Square Triangles|
|Die Board Size||Extra Long Cut|
|Cutting Mat Required||Cutting Plastic, 5" x 15" (12.7 cm x 38.1 cm) Item AQ60001|
|Cut Size||(6) - 3 1/2"W x 3 1/2"H (9 cm x 9 cm) triangles|
- Compatible with Studio Fabric Cutter (50800)
- Required: Extra-Long Cut Cutting Plastic (60001)
- Cuts six 3 1/2"W x 3 1/2"H (9 cm x 9 cm) triangles
- Finished sewn size: 3" x 3" (7.6 cm x 7.6 cm)
- Coordinates with 12" Finished Block - Mix & Match pieces
- Die has dog-eared corners
- When you combine half squares with each other or with squares, the possibilities are endless! AccuQuilt dies assure that your cuts are accurate every time.
- Half square triangles are simply squares with a diagonal seam. Typically sewn from different fabrics.
- For perfect half square triangles, layer fabrics on die right sides together, then cut.
- Pick up one pair from the pile and sew with 1/4" seam allowance.
- Press toward darker fabric or as directed in pattern instructions.
- Pre-notched corners eliminate the need to cut off dog ears.
- Two shapes from this dies sew to a 3 1/2" square raw edge to raw edge and finish to 3" square after being sewn to adjacent shapes.
- Start by cutting 4 1/2" strips into your fabric.
- Then fold your fabric strip into thirds and cut 18 triangles across the width of the fabric.
- You can cut 144 triangles out of 1 yard of fabric.
- Half square triangles are a great addition to charm squares for table runners and place mats.
Storage: Store Studio dies in AccuQuilt die storage cases or storage racks.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Care & Maintenance: Use adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies. After each use, with the die pick provided with the cutter, remove any threads imbedded between blades and foam. It's normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick. Die blades never need to be sharpened.
Warranty: AccuQuilt Studio dies are guaranteed for one year.