AQ Cutting Mat Required: Cutting Plastic, 15 in. x 18 in. (38.1 cm x 45.7 cm) Item AQ60005
- Compatible with the Studio 2 Fabric Cutter (AQ50450)
- Recommended Cutting Plastic: Giant 14 1/2″ x 18″ (AQ60005) (not included)
- Die Board Size: Giant 15″ x 18″
- Cut Size: Four 6 1/2″ (16.5 cm) Half Square Triangles
- Finished Size: Four 6″ (15.2 cm) Half Square Triangles
- Coordinates with 12″ Block – Mix & Match pieces
- Dog-eared corners
- Start by cutting 7½” strips into your fabric
- Then fold your fabric into thirds. Cut 12 triangles across the width of the fabric.
- For a larger quantity, you can cut 22 1/2″ strips fold in thirds right to left and then fold in thirds up and down. Cut 36 triangles across the width of the folded fabric.
- You can make 48 triangles out of 1 yard of fabric.
- These are shapes that are used to create our mix and match quilt die set. There are more than 36 combinations of blocks using the A through H die cutting shapes. The idea sheet can be found on our website www.accuquilt.com
- The individual shapes can be used by themselves or with one or more other shapes.
Storage: Store Studio dies with the Wire Storage Rack (AQ50831) or Studio Die Storage Rack (AQ50801).
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It’s always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.