AQ Cutting Mat Required: Cutting Plastic, 10 in. x 15 in. (25.4 cm x 38.1 cm) Item 60003
- Compatible with the Studio 2 Fabric Cutter (AQ50450)
- Recommended Cutting Plastic: Super Jumbo 10″ x 15″ (AQ60003) (not included)
- Die Board Size: Super Jumbo 10″ x 15″
- Cut Size: Four 5″ (12.7 cm) Half Square Triangles
- Finished Size: Four 4 1/2″ (11.4 cm) Half Square Triangles
- For perfect half square triangles, layer fabrics on die right sides together, then cut.
- Pick up one pair from the pile and sew with 1/4″ seam allowance.
- Press toward darker fabric or as directed in pattern instructions.
- Pre-notched corners eliminate the need to cut off dog ears.
- Two shapes from this dies sew to a 5″ square raw edge to raw edge and finish to 4 1/2″ square after being sewn to adjacent shapes.
Storage: Store Studio dies with the Wire Storage Rack (AQ50827) or Studio Die Storage Rack (AQ50801).
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It’s always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.