AQ Cutting Mat Required: Cutting Plastic, 15 in. x 18 in. (38.1 cm x 45.7 cm) Item AQ60005
- Compatible with the Studio 2 Fabric Cutter (AQ50450)
- Recommended Cutting Plastic: Giant 14 1/2” x 18” (AQ60005) (not included)
- Die Board Size: Giant 15” x 18”
- Cut Size:
- Four A Shapes: 5″W x 5″H (12.7 cm x 12.7 cm)
- Four B Shapes: 3 1/2″W x 3 1/2″H (8.9 cm x 8.9 cm)
- Finished Size: 4 1/2″ (11.4 cm) finished square; 9″ (22.9 cm) Block
Storage: Store Studio dies with the Wire Storage Rack (AQ50831) or Studio Die Storage Rack (AQ50801).
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It’s always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.