Enjoy the relaxing properties of this Sleepy Sheep Aromatherapy Eye Mask. You’ll only need to count one sheep before you’re deep asleep!
- AccuQuilt GO! Big, GO! Cutter or GO! Baby Cutter Fabric Starter Set
- AQ55038 GO! Lullaby
- AQ55017 or AQ55014 GO! Strip Cutter 2 ½” (2” Finished)
- GO! Cutting Mat – 6” x 6”
- GO! Cutting Mat – 6” x 24” or 10” x 24”
- (2) 6” x 11” fabric
- (2) 6” x 11” woven iron on stabiliser
- (1) 2 ½” x 20” fabric for strap
- (1) 13” non-roll elastic ¾” wide
- (1) 3 ½” x 5” wool or wadding for sheep
- Scraps of light pink & brown fabric
- Fusible web (approx. 6” piece)
- 80cm mini pompom trim
- (2) cups rice + your favourite essential oils
- Bobkin (or any other turning tool)
- Iron the woven stabiliser onto the wrong side of the 6” x 11” fabric rectangles. Using the pattern piece, cut two eye masks pieces from the pre-fused fabric rectangles.
- Iron fusible web onto the wrong side of the wool, pink and brown fabrics. Using AQ55038 GO! Lullaby cut the sheep applique.
- Position the sheep applique on the left side of the eye mask fabric. Ensure you leave approximately ¼” around the edge for seam allowance.
- Iron into place and then stitch around close to the edge of the applique using black thread. Stitch around approximately 3 times to give a sketchy look.
- Fold the 2 ½” x 20” fabric in half, press and then sew down the long side using a ¼” seam allowance to create a long tube. Use a Bobkin to turn the tube the right way out.
- Feed the elastic through the fabric tube and use quilting clips or a pin to hold the ends.
- Baste the mini pompom trim to the front of the eye mask, ensuring that the pompoms are facing inwards during this step.
- It is also helpful to baste the elastic strap. Position on the front of the eye mask, approximately 2” from the top. Extend the raw edges of the strap about ½” beyond the edge of the eye mask. Baste in place with a 1/8” seam allowance.
- Place the two fabric eye mask pieces (right sides together), ensuring the strap is enclosed inside and out of the way.
- Sew around the eye mask, just inside the basting stitching, however leave a 2” hole for turning.
- Clip the curves and turn the mask the right way out through the hole.
- Prepare the Aromatherapy filling: Place the rice in a bowl, then add a few drops of your chosen essential oils and stir well.
- Using a small funnel, pour half the rice mix into one side of the eye mask. Using a straight stitch on your sewing machine, stitch down the middle of the eye mask to section it off.
- Add the remaining rice mixture to the other half of the mask and then hand sew the hole closed.
Congratulations on finishing your Sleepy Sheep Aromatherapy Eye Mask!
Downloable Project Pattern