Bring some Easter fun into the kitchen with this sweet Garden Bunny Tea Towel.
- AccuQuilt GO! Big, GO! Cutter or GO! Baby
- AQ55155 GO! Circle – 1 ½”, 1 ¾”, 2 ¼”, 2 ½”
- AQ55045 GO! Rose of Sharon by Sharon Pederson
- AQ55137 GO! Cutting Mat – 6” x 6”
- Waffle Tea Towel
- Taupe wool felt square
- Fusible web
- Floral scrap fabric
- Large 1” pompom
- Permanent fabric glue
- Green, yellow and taupe embroidery threads
Please note: Before cutting out shapes, iron fusible web onto the wrong side of the felt and floral scraps.
- Begin by cutting the 1 ½” circle in half to create (2) feet. Remove the paper backing from all of the shapes.
- Lay the tea towel right side facing up on an ironing board and start arranging the bunny in the bottom right corner. Refer to the number order in diagram 1.
- Using an iron, gently press to fuse the bunny onto the tea towel.
- Scatter the small flowers around the bunny and fuse in place.
- Using the taupe thread and a blanket stitch on your machine or by hand, stitch around the outside of the bunny shapes.
- Change to yellow thread and stitch each of the flowers using a straight stitch as per diagram 2.
- Using a triple stitch and the green thread, sew vertically down from each flower to create a stem for your flowers.
- Place a dab of fabric glue on the pompom and stick to the bunny for a fluffy tail!