Add some Christmas spirit to your kitchen this festive season or create the perfect gift for school teachers and loved ones!
Materials (Makes 2)
- AccuQuilt GO! Cutter or GO! Big
- AQ55438 GO! Hexagon – 4 1/2” Sides (4 1/4” Finished)
- AQ55450 GO! Snowflakes – 7”
- AQ55111 GO! Cutting Mat – 10” x 10”
- (1) fat quarter chambray spot
- (2) fat quarters silver patterned fabric
- (1) fat quarter insul-bright
- (2) 5” pieces mini white pompom trim
- (2) 8” squares of fusible web
- (2) 10” squares of tear away
- Metallic silver thread
- Chambray spot – Cut (2) AQ55438 GO! Hexagon
- Silver patterned fabric #1 – Cut (1) AQ55438 GO! Hexagon (backing)
- Silver pattern fabric #2 – Cut (1) AQ55438 GO! Hexagon (backing)
- Insul-bright – Cut (2) AQ55438 GO! Hexagon
- Iron an 8” square of fusible web onto the wrong sides of each silver patterned fabric.
- Select your favourite snowflakes from AQ55450 and cut a total of two. Remove the paper backing.
- Lay the chambray spot hexagons right side facing up on your ironing board and position the snowflakes (right side facing up) in the centre of each. Iron in place.
- Place a piece of tear away behind each fused hexagon. Using a blanket, satin or decorative stitch on your sewing, appliqué around the edge of the snowflakes using a metallic silver thread.
- Carefully remove the tear away from the back.
- Create a sandwich by layering the hexagons in the following order: – Insul-bright – Silver back (right side facing up) – Chambray (wrong side facing up)
- Insert the pompom trim between the silver backing and chambray lay, matching raw edges, pin together.
- Using a ¼” seam allowance, sew around the hexagon, however leave a gap on one side. Clip corners and turn the right way out. Press and hand sew the gap closed. Top stitch around the edge.