What better way to welcome in 2016 than creating this Shine Bright Wall Art. This piece is sure to keep you motivated and you’ll be well on the way to achieving your New Year resolution! Be sure to inspire, set goals and SHINE BRIGHT this year!
- AccuQuilt GO! Cutter or GO! Big
- AQ55092 GO! Carefree Alphabet Set (2-Die Set)
- AQ55368 GO! Bohemia #1 by Ricky Tims
- AQ55115 GO! Cutting Mat- 6 x 6
- 60 cm x 60 cm Canvas
- 80 cm spot cotton fabric
- 55 cm white cotton fabric
- 55 cm light weight iron-on stabiliser
- 50 cm fusible web
- A3 sheet of glitter puffy foam
- 1 x felt square of each of the following colours: forest green, olive, lime, dark green, orange, light orange, purple, lavender, fuchsia, mint and turquoise.
- Co-ordinating embroidery threads to match the felt and glitter puffy foam.
- Narrow double sided tape
- 505 basting spray
- Begin by ironing fusible web onto one side of all the felt squares.
- Cut the spot fabric into an 80 cm square.
- Cut the white fabric & stabiliser into a 55 cm square. Iron the stabiliser onto the back of the white fabric. Fold it into quarters & pin the circle template into place, ensuring that the 90 degree angle on the pattern piece matches up with the folded sides of the square. Cut the shape and unfold.
- Cut the A3 glitter puffy foam into 10cm strips.
- Using the narrow double sided tape, stick it onto the back of the puffy foam letters. Remove the paper backing from the back and line up the letters onto a ruler to ensure even spacing.
- Position “SHINE” onto the white circle, approximately 1cm above the centre and “BRIGHT” 1cm below the
- Using a narrow, open zigzag, stitch around the edge of each letter.
- Spray the back of the white circle with 505 basting spray and position onto the centre of the spot fabric.
- Remove the paper backing from the felt shapes and position them as per the diagram below. Iron.
- Using co-ordinating threads, free-motion around each shape.
- Leave the centre circle plain or practice your free-motion quilting by blending swirls, pebbles, feathers and straight lines. It adds fantastic texture!
- Attach to the canvas with a staple gun and it is ready to hang!
Congratulations on finishing your Shine Bright Wall Art!