With Earth Day around the corner, now is the time to reuse, renew and recycle! What is simpler than making cloth napkins to match your décor and spruce up your next dinner party.
- AccuQuilt GO! Big Fabric Cutter
- AQ55451 GO! Big Square-10” (9 ½” Finished)
- AQ55146 GO! Big Cutting Mat- 14” x 16”
- 30cm (12”) cotton fabric
- Co-ordinating thread
- Sewing machine and all accessories
- Cut (2) squares using the AQ55451 GO! Big Square-10” (9 1/2” Finished)
All seams are ¼” (6mm) unless otherwise stated.
- Place squares right sides together and pin.
- Mark an 8cm opening on one side with pins.
- Starting from one end of the opening, sew with a ¼” seam allowance, pivoting as you reach the corners.
- Clip corners close to the thread. Take care not to cut the stitches.
- Turn out through the opening. Push the corners out, so they are nice and pointy.
- Press the edges of the napkin.
- Topstitch all four sides, about 3mm from edges, pivoting as you reach the corners.