These gorgeous bowl cozies make great Xmas presents.
Perfect to protect little fingers from getting burnt from hot bowls of soup and pasta. Alternatively, a great way to stop getting cold fingers with ice cream treats!
- AccuQuilt GO! Big or GO! Fabric Cutter
- AQ55208 GO! Big Bowl Cozy
- AQ55111 GO! Cutting Mat – 10” x10”
- (2) 30cm x 30cm squares of cotton fabric
- (2) 30cm x 30cm cotton wadding
- Sewing Machine
- Matching Sewing Thread
- General Sewing Tools
- From each fabric, cut (2) AQ55208 GO! Big Bowl Cozy
- From wadding, cut (2) AQ55208 GO! Big Bowl Cozy
All seams are ¼” unless otherwise specified.
- Select (1) fabric piece and (1) wadding piece, lay fabric on top of wadding right side up. Using a removable marking pen, draw an X from diagonal corners of cozy top. Stitch. Repeat for second cotton / wadding pieces.
- Fold each set into half. Sew the two cut V sections as indicated with the arrows. Fold the cozy in the opposite direction and stitch the remaining 2 V sections. Repeat for second cotton/wadding piece.
- Place you two pieces, right sides together. Match seams and pin in place. Sew around the outside edge, leaving a gap of 10cm from the beginning to turn your bowl cozy right sides out.
HINT:When matching seams, push seams in opposite directions to ‘nest’ and remove bulk from project.
- Turn cozy right side out and press edges. Also press the raw edges where you turned the project into the seam allowance.
- Topstitch around the entire outer edge.