Brighten any kitchen with these darling Tea Towels. This quick easy project is the perfect gift for bridal showers, housewarming parties, or simply for the coffee lover.
Once completed, it is time to reward yourself with a cuppa!
- AccuQuilt GO! Big, GO! GO! Baby or GO! Me Fabric Cutter
- AQ55212 GO! Coffee and Tea Medley
- AQ55137 GO! Cutting Mat 6” x 6”
- 3 Pre-purchased tea towels.
- 15cm of varying fabrics with fusible web applied to the back of the fabric.
- Embroidery threads in coordinating colours.
- 20cm of tearaway or to fit your hoop size.
- Fabric marking pen.
- Sewing machine and all accessories.
- Using AQ55212 GO! Coffee and Tea Medley cut:
- (3) Coffee To-go Cups
- (3) Sleeves
- (3) Lids
- Download the free GO! Coffee & Tea Medley Embroidery Designs
- Using (1) tea towel, centre the bottom of the tea towel to the centre of your hoop.
- As per your machine instructions, use the embroidery deign to embroidery (1) Coffee To-go Cup.
- Repeat the process for the other two tea towels, using the different stitch techniques of satin, blanket and motif.
- Remove tearaway from back of tea towels.
- Select (1) Tea towel and (1) of each the Coffee To-go Cups, Sleeves and Lids
- Find the centre of the bottom of the tea towel.
- Measure up approx 5cm, or a desired height and mark. This will be the centre bottom of your design.
- Arrange the Coffee cup as per image.
- Using embroidery thread in top thread and bobbin fil in the bobbin, applique around each shape, changing colours as you go.
- Repeat for all 3 tea towels.
- Remove tearaway from back of tea towel.
Design feature: Use an assortment of satin, blanket, motif or decorative stitch for appliqueing on each Camper to add interest and texture. Contrasting and matching threads will also add variety.