Patisserie is a Block Of The Month sampler quilt that has been exclusively designed to use with the Accuquilt GO! QUBE Mix & Match block sets. The great thing about the GO! QUBE Mix & Match sets is that while I’m using the 8” Block set for my pattern sample, you could just as easily use any size QUBE that you have as the shape numbers are all the same! You will just need to adjust the size of your fabric cuts accordingly.This pattern was inspired by all those delicious cakes and pastries found at a patisserie, covered in delicately iced designs, and a glorious array of colour to behold. The quilt finishes at 36” x 46” using the 8” QUBE (30” x 38” with the 6” QUBE; 39” x 50” with the 9” QUBE; 48” x 62” with the 12” QUBE). I’m using a rainbow of solids from the Solids Club provided by The Creative Retreat
, but your petit fours will look just as scrumptious in prints too!Quilt finishes at 36” x 46”; individual blocks should measure 8.5” x 8.5”.
- AccuQuilt GO! Big, GO! Cutter or GO! Baby Cutter Fabric Starter Set
- AQ55776 GO! QUBE Mix & Match – 8” Block set
- AQ55137 GO! Cutting Mat 6 x 6
- 10 fat quarters
- 1.5m background fabric
- 35cm binding fabric
- 1.4m backing fabric
- 110cm x 135cm batting
- Rotary mat, cutter and ruler
- General sewing equipment
Block 10 Materials
- Shape 3 Half-Square Triangle – 4” Finished
- Shape 4 Quarter-Square Triangle – 4″ Finished
- Shape 5 Half-Square Triangle – 2” Finished
- Shape 6 Square on Point – 3 1/4″ (2 3/4″ Finished)
- 2 contrasting fat quarters
- 5.5” x WOF background fabric
- From one fat quarter – Fabric 1 (dark):
- Cut one 3.75” x 6” rectangle
- Using Shape 5, cut four HSTs
- From second fat quarter – Fabric 2 (light):
- Cut one 5” x 5” square
- Using Shape 4, cut four QSTs
- Cut one 4” x 4” square
- Using Shape 6, cut one square
- From background fabric:
ο Cut one 5.5” x 11” rectangle
– Using Shape 3, cut four HSTs
Keep all scraps and remaining fabric/shapes as you may be able to use it later in the quilt.
Sewing Instructions NOTE:
All seams are ¼“, (6mm), unless otherwise specified
- Sew four Fabric 2 HSTs (shape 5) to each edge of the Fabric 1 (shape 6) square. Press seams toward the square.
- Sew the Fabric 1 QSTs (shape 4) to each edge of the unit from step 1. Press seams toward the QSTs.
- Sew the background fabric HSTs (shape 3) to each edge of the unit from step 2. Press seams toward the HSTs.
We can’t wait to see your blocks! Feel free to share them with us on Instagram, tagging @blossomheartquilts
, and using the hashtags #blossomheartquilts and #accuquiltBOM. Join us next month for block 9!